Friday, July 1, 2011

Water Games

Hope Puppy has a new game. I did not discover the new game until I refilled their big stainless steel water bin on the back deck and then sat down inside for a few quiet minutes. I watched in amazement and then with growing giggles as I watched her.

She began the game by smacking the surface of the water with her paw. As the water fountained into the air she tried to bite it before it landed. Round and round she went smacking the water and then running after it wherever it went. I laughed and laughed as I watched her. She was totally oblivious to me or anything else as she played.

Her new game answers the mystery of how 5 gallons of water have been disappearing in one day. But I have to admit that it makes me a little envious. I want to play with that kind of joy and abandon.


Perhaps it is time for me to go run through the sprinklers. That would would surprise the neighbors ... but then again maybe it wouldn't.

Just Connie

No comments: