Saturday, July 2, 2011

Gazebo Dedication

I stood there and gazed out over the crowd. There were children flying kites, families eating hot dogs, groups of people gathered under the big shade trees. Everywhere I looked there were smiles and the sounds of happy children filled the air.

The occasion was the dedication and ribbon cutting for our new town Gazebo. After a year of work and hours and hours of volunteer labor it is done. Today I had the honor of giving the Gazebo to the town of Willamina and "gifting" it to our town Mayor. It was a wonderful ceremony.

It fills me with a sense of accomplishment when I realize that this beautiful addition to our town was only possible with all of us working together. It took team work and shared vision and of course hard work. It makes me very proud of the town I live in and renews my gratefulness for being part of such a wonderful community.

I love Willamina!

Just Connie

No comments: