Monday, November 4, 2013

Back in School

Last month I made a big commitment and signed up for CERT classes. That is Community Emergency Response Team, They are classes that are designed to teach the community how to take care of ourselves in case of emergency. I knew that it was a big commitment for me since it was 8 weeks of 3 hour classes. But I decided that it was important enough to take the time for training.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that not only was it the required classroom time, it also required FEMA online courses. But I decided to see it through and get it done. Friday I took my first FEMA final and was thrilled when I passed. Today I took my second FEMA final. I was doing a happy dance when I got the e-mail telling me that I had passed. I am hoping to take my next class sometime this week and get that component taken care of.

Being back in classes has been interesting. It has been  long time since I was taking finals. I was a bit surprised at how nervous I got as I prepared for it. I think it has been good for me. Not only for the knowledge that I am gaining but for the way I can feel it stretching me out of my comfort zone.

So I will continue to buckle down and wade through the classes and see where the path will lead me. I have this underlying feeling that it is important.

Time will tell ....

No comments: