Friday, November 8, 2013

The Good Life

Art Tour ... it means tourism and people for Willamina. For the church it means extra finances for some of our ministry groups. For me it means running around for  8-10 hours a day.

My day began with breakfast with my Friday morning group. We laughed and chatted as we shared our week's happenings. Of course I had to share the latest mouse story which brought the owner of the Restaurant in to see what we were laughing about and that just made everyone laugh harder.

From there I headed to the Fire Hall to see how they were coping with the artists and changes for the Art Tour. I stayed and chatted with the staff and then made the round with the artists. When I had made the rounds I headed over to the church to see how things were going there. Everyone was well and happy and ready for the tourists. And even better we had baby bunnies at the church. So between helping out I had to sit and play with the bunnies. I kept telling myself that Bubba Bunny really did not need a playmate.

By 11:00 I was down at the Campus to see how things were going there. Then a quick tea date with a friend and then it was time to report to the Chamber of Commerce Tea Room to work. And that is where I spent the next 4 hours, serving tea, clearing tables, washing dishes and cashiering.

By 5:00 I was more than ready to head home and put my feet up. And that is where I still am. Tomorrow will be more of the same. But I am grateful for the chance to serve. Serve at the church and the Tea Room. More and more I think this is what the good life is really all about  .... serving.

I think I am ready for the good life ....

Just Connie

No comments: