Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mouse Saga

Stepping out of the shower I reached for my towel and that is when "IT" happened ..... a small gray mouse ran over my hand. And that was the moment when my body was hijacked by a shrieking screaming woman. Finding myself naked on top of the half wall that runs around the bathtub, I lunged for a robe as I heard my son burst out of his room. Barely covering myself as he shouldered the door open, he leapt into the room with his guns drawn as he scanned for the axe murderer he was sure was after me. Straightening  up he looked me in the eye and said, "Do not tell me .... no ... you would not have been shrieking because you saw a mouse? And how in the world did you get up there?"

I informed him sternly that the mouse had touched me ... it ran over my hand and was getting ready to leap up and grab me by the throat when my quick responses kept it from being able to kill me. He looked at me with disgust as if alien life was taking me over. About the time I was trying to climb down off the wall with as much dignity as I could muster (being only partially clothed at 6:00 in the morning) my son's dog burst into the room to save me. And that is when the mouse broke from cover. Picture this ... my son and his guns, me perched and partially dressed on the wall yelling and a 75 pound dog that is over tuning everything in the room in her quest to get the mouse.

The good news is that the dog got the mouse, the bad news is that now everything in the bathroom cupboards will have to come out and be washed and scrubbed. The even worse news is that my son would not remove the dead mouse and I actually had to do it.

I swear ... I should advertise for a new son ....

Just Connie

No comments: