Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Restoration

Over 25 years ago God began to intertwine my life with the lives of another family. Our two families did everything together. We laughed together, cried together and played together. Those relationships were vitally important to me and to my well-being.

When my husband left, it was a heart rending break in our relationship. For 15 years we had no contact. I not only did not seek information about them, I avoided it because it was so incredibly painful to me. Two years ago, God brought our paths together through Facebook. Little by little we have spent time together, learning about the years apart and getting to know each other again. It has been good to have that gaping wound in my heart healed.

Several weeks ago I was surprised and blessed to see my dear friends when they showed up to surprise me at a church service. We were able to spend several hours together, laughing and talking, talking, talking. It felt so good and so right to have them here.

Just moments ago I got a message from them that they had accepted a call to a church in Grand Ronde ... Grand Ronde! That is minutes away from me! They are going to be here  ... in my area ... with me!

I am excited, I am blessed, but I am also struck by a sense of how God continues to restore what Satan had robbed me of. This friendship that is so important to me, has been given back ... given in a way that we will have frequent contact with each other.

I am already planning the things I want to do ... the places I want to show them. There is so much here and just so much I want to share with them. Just so much .....

I think ... I think they need to take up backpacking!

Just Connie

No comments: