Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wake Up Call

It was 5:00am when I heard the sound that every pet owner dreads ... the sound of a dog throwing up. The sound actually registered seconds too late as I realized that the dog had just thrown up all over me. Every dog in the world tries to find a quiet corner to get sick in, but not my dog. My dog wants her mommy when she is sick. Which explained why I was laying in bed covered in dog barf and trying to not get sick myself.

However, I got out of bed in record time and stripped myself naked and drug the dog outside. Then I showered and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. Then ... I got to go and strip the bed and begin the long disgusting  process of washing the bedding, the two comforters and everything else.

Since then I have had a long talk with the dog about the inadvisability of barfing on her meal ticket. She has not seemed very impressed so far. I am thinking that perhaps I would rather invite a passing coyote or a pack of wolves to come and sleep with me instead. It surely could not be worse than this?

Could it ....?

Just Connie

No comments: