Saturday, November 30, 2013

Struggling and Learning

I have been struggling this past week with a sense of sadness. There are all kinds of reasons ... my past history with Thanksgiving week, my inability to get my new pellet stove working correctly, the cold and congestion I have been fighting for several weeks, and even spending Thanksgiving alone has all contributed to this. Recognizing that there are multiple reasons why I am feeling the way I am feeling reminds me that there is no easy fix.

So I am spending the day resting and letting my body hopefully recuperate I will continue to search my heart as I remember the past and let God continue to bring healing to the wounded places that are left. I will also tackle the issue of my pellet stove in a couple of days, realizing that if I need to I can hire a professional to tell us what is wrong.

So I find myself at the point of once again, allowing myself to "feel the feelings". I will allow them to teach me things I need to learn and keep pointing me to grace and freedom.

There are good things ahead ....

No comments: