Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Lavish Gift of Love

I stood in my driveway in disbelief .... trying to comprehend what I was seeing. There in front of me, stacked neatly on a pallet was a ton of stove pellets. They had been delivered while I was napping. I knew I had not ordered them, because cash flow has been a bit tight and I had been buying 5 bags at a time, which my neighbor would kindly unload for me. That would last about a week because that is my only heat source for the house.

I got in my car and drove to the hardware store to see if I could figure out where the pellets had come from. Yes, they had delivered them and no they could not tell me who had ordered them. In fact they were under orders to not tell me if I asked them. I stood there and cried.

I tear up everytime I think about it. It is an incredible, generous and practical gift. One that I didn't expect and is absolutely overwhelming. I feel loved and cared for, supported and encouraged. It is a lavish gift of love that filled me with gratitude for my anonymous friend.

It makes me wonder how I can give that kind of love and support to the people around me? If I can make that kind of difference for someone else? I hope so ... I pray so ...

Just Connie

No comments: