Monday, November 21, 2016

Juggling Act

The last two days I have woke up nauseous.... Really nauseous. The kind where you are struggling all the time to not run for the bathroom. It was bad enough at church yesterday that I sent a couple of the teens to go buy me a diet 7-up at the market. Today was no better and after yoga class I took my meds and laid my aching head back in bed. I slept over 3 hours, so my body must have needed it.

I headed to the office to work on my sermon and got a call from my gasteroenterologist to tell me my ultra sound looked fine. That was good news. The bad news is means that the pain, cramping and nausea is probably a systemic reaction to the trauma my body is experiencing. That does not fill me with joy and there is not a lot I can do at that point. Just treat the symptoms and take another step forward.

Wednesday I see the pulmunologist, I do not think he will be happy. I have not started treatment yet and I think that will frustrate him. I have not even heard from the pharmaceutical company yet. And now so close to thanksgiving I probably won't till next week. It is pretty frustrating.

But I will keep taking one more step forward, trying to keep all the health balls in the air as I juggle them. The high blood sugar, my lungs, the steroids, my immune system, my systemic reactions, my stomach, my vocal chords and whatever else will rear it's head in the days to come.

I think I need to becone a better juggler ....

Just Connie


1 comment:

Just Connie said...

You just need to get started on treatment. Love you so much