Friday, November 11, 2016

Out of Step

I sighed as I looked at the glucose meter in my hand ... The numbers would explain the headache and how I was feeling. The numbers also meant I needed 5 units of insulin. I washed up and prepared the insulin and needle for injection. I found myself wondering if this was going to become second nature instead of the huge chore that it seemed. I thought back to how overwhelming the gamma globulin infusions seemed when I first began those. And yet prepping for those got very easy over the months. It was the treatments themselves that were difficult.

So I am hoping, that I will learn to do this more easily. To prepare a kit, to haul with me every day. To check before every meal and treat as necessary. In many ways this is like learning a new language or traveling to a foreign country. I feel out of step with what my body is doing and what my body needs.

And yet while I am on steroids, this is my reality and I want to embrace it. I have to wonder what lessons will be coming to me through this.

Hmmmm ... Time will tell. But I think God will bring me through.

Thankfully,


Just Connie

No comments: