Thursday, November 10, 2016

Moving Ahead

I took a deep breath as I realized that the incoming phone call was my immunologist. I had been waiting to hear from him about treatment options. As we spoke, he began to lay out what he had been discovering. There was a new gamma globulin product on the market that seemed to have fewer reactions for users. It would be delivered sub cutaneously at home like my last round of treatment. It was a high concentration with less "other" stuff. The pharmaceutical company and the immunologist believed that with the right pre treatment that this might be successful for me. We spoke for about 30 minutes as we talked everything over. I gave him the green light to go ahead with the treatment.

 Now I am realizing I have a lot of work to do here to get ready for home treatments. My house is a disaster ... a messy dirty disaster. The kind of mess that was embarrassing when the ambulance scooped me up here yesterday.

It is just so hard to get it done when you feel so dreadful all the time. I have been given the name of some house cleaning services and I am hoping perhaps I can have someone come in to help. It is hard to admit that I cannot do this on my own. But the reality is that I cannot.

So, things are moving ahead, I have a bunch of work to do. And it is time for me to get busy.

So why am I sprawled in bed? Sigh .....

Just Connie

No comments: