Friday, November 4, 2016

Rest Day

One of the unpleasant side effects of the massive amount of steroids I am on is that I do not sleep well. This is very different from my norm. I typically sleep well and solid all night long. But on steroids I sleep an hour or two and then I am up for an hour or two. Sleep for an hour or two .... Well it just goes on night after night.

Today, I drug myself out of bed at 5am for my yoga class. Which is also unusual that I am so slow and tired in the mornings, but I got up and went. Class was a struggle as it has been for the last few weeks, but I believe it is important for me to be there and to keep fighting for health. After class I ran home, cleaned up and then met my Friday morning group for breakfast. From there I did a pharmacy run and then headed home. Where I promptly went to bed and slept ... Yes for an hour or so.

I found myself dozing the day away ... Until late in the afternoon my neighbor man came over to help me put away some things in the attic. And I have to admit that it took everything I had to make myself get up and go do it. But at least that is one task that is actually finished .... Thankfully!

I have spent the rest of the time laying in bed, dozing and reading. It is extremely rare for me to do this ... But everything in me was screaming to rest. Well that and the headache, muscle cramps and everything else I have been fighting for weeks.

But hopefully tomorrow I will be better rested and ready for all the tasks at hand. Because it is looking like a very busy day.

I am thankful for a day to rest, thankful for my neighbors help. And I am thinking thankful is a good way to end the day.

Just Connie

No comments: