Saturday, November 19, 2016

Church Dinner

Tonight was the big Thanksgiving Dinner at the church. To make sure I was in good shape for it, I laid low all day. Didn't get done any of the things I had hoped to do, except prepare the sweet potatoes for the dinner.

The dinner seemed to be a wild success in fact we ended up putting more tables up in the foyer to get people seated. I am thinking that next year we probably need to split the two dinners up. The church dinner and the Community Kitchen Dinner. I think there were too many people crammed in too small a space. But I still think everyone had plenty of food and had a good time.

It felt weird to go in and not do any of the set up or tear down. That is against  my nature and my habit to just float in for the dinner and go home. But I am working hard to not over tire  myself  .. It is really hard. I hope it never becomes easy.

So now, I am resting again, letting my blood sugar come back down after way too big a dinner.

Sigh ...

Just Connie




No comments: