Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Journey Begins

I received a flurry of phone calls today from my immunologist and the pharmaceutical company. The outcome is that my gamma globulin meds will arrive tomorow and I will most probably begin treatment next week.

I find that I am both looking forward to getting started and yet rather dreading the reality. The doctors have been very honest with me. This is life and death treatment for me. I am not getting better ... I am getting worse at a faster rate than they had hoped. My lungs are down, my immune system continues to worsen, I am on massive steroids, three different antibiotics and just trying to stay upright and breathing until treatment begins.

I know that there will probably be side effects, I know that I will chafe under the limitations that treatment will put on me, and I know that this is my best chance at life and health. So I am choosing to embrace this chance I am being given and walk with joy and confidence as I continue this journey. I believe there are things for me to learn and that there will be wonderful things ahead.

It is just another step forward ....

Just Connie

No comments: