Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Beautiful Life

It was a rough night for me. I had treatment side effects waking me up and keeping me up. I medicated what I could and kept heading back to bed, hoping I would sleep. But that did not really happen and at 5am I was up getting ready for yoga class. I am only about 10 minutes from the farm I take my class at. It is taught by my primary care physician. Not only is he a wonderful Dr, he is a great yoga teacher. I credit a lot of my lung function and I wellness into what he does to keep me upright and breathing.

After yoga I headed back home, quickly got cleaned up and headed to the Chamber meeting. I love tha group of people and I am so very thankful for them. We tease we laugh and especially we pastors are merciless with each other. I think people enjoy seeing the people side of our lives. They really encourage us and also root us on in our Non stop teasing.

I took my first round of pre treatment drugs while at Chamber and at the end quickly left for home to take the 2nd round. I am fairly entertaining after round 2 of drugs. But before I knew it I was home, had. Taken the drugs and had the syringe loaded with gamma globulin for treatment. At 10 am my heart friend Carolyn comes and places the needles for me. And makes sure I do not go into anaphylactic reaction. I also take more drugs at this time to help,with the migraine. Then I headed to bed to sleep things off.

I woke up an hour later with the realization that one of the sites were leaking. That means it just got too saturated and there was no whe else for the medicine to go. So I carefully traced down the leaking site and clipped the line off. I texted Caro to give her a heads up while I tried to stay awake to monitor what was going on. But finally the pump clicked off and I texted Caro again and told her she could come and de-needle me. She did a great job, some swelling, some soreness and gratitude that most of the meds went in.

Then I headed back to bed, to sleep some of the drugs off over the next few hours. Now I am groggy from the drugs, but not all that hungry. I think I will listen to my body and concentrate on fluids tonight. My head is pounding, I am nauseous  and my arm is sore and itchy. All normal kind of things after treatment.

Though this process is not fun, nor is it easy. I am thankful for the life that it is giving me. I have great support, lots of people who for some reason love me and a wonderful ministry. I truly am blessed. The journey is richer because of it.

So glad I can see it, so glad I can feel it ... It is a great life.

Just Connie

No comments: