Friday, June 2, 2017

First Nucala Treatment

I followed the nurse into the Onocology Lab. All around me where men and women receiving chemo.   The nurse told me to choose any empty chair, I looked around and sat in the one closest to me. She soon came back with some information on the drug I was being given. I asked her where the shot would be given, she gave me the choice of abdomen or arm. I chose arm, even though that is where I am currently getting my gamma globulin infusions. She left to prepare my drug and to check on several of her patients.

I looked at my phone which I had put on silent and posted where I was and what I was doing. I try real hard to make sure everyone has the same information. Because it seems that in the absence of information people make it up as they go along. So I am very forth coming about how I am doing.

I sighed as I slipped my phone back into my pocket. It had already been a long day of dr's and it was only 2:30. As I looked up I noticed the couple across the aisle. The husband was having chemo and his wife was with him. She walked over and said, "You looked scared. It is going to be alright." I was so surprised and so blessed as she told me she was going to be praying for me. We exchanged a bit of our stories and I told them I would be praying for them as well. His chemo ended about the time mine was starting. I was incredibly blessed by them. It was such an act of kindness. And they affirmed what I have been saying all along. There is no downside for us as Christians. Life is good and there is better yet after that.

My treatment went well, I had some wheezing afterwards but I am treating that. I am still resting in the joy of the people God gave me today.

Life is good ..... And yet there is even better ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: