Thursday, June 29, 2017

Pulmunary Thoughts

I saw my pulmunologist today. It was a very positive appointment! I checked into Santiam Hospital for my chest X-ray and then presented myself for a round of lung testing. First round without meds and second round after a neb treatment. I am feeling so good that I was fairly sure that, the test results would be good.

After that it was time to meet with the Dr who was very, very pleased with my healing. He took me into his office and showed me my lung X-ray, in fact several of my lung X-rays over the past year. The first thing he showed me was my lung capacity. It was up by about 1/3. I am able to exand my lungs fully or the first time in over a year. The next thing he showed me was the wide swath of scarring had shrunk tonone thin line. I was so happy I almost did a happy dance right on his desk. But lucky for him I was able to keep most of my composure.

Then we went into the examination room and he told me my lung function tests were perfect. I told him that I feel great better than I have for a year. I mentioned there was no comparison to when I first saw him in the fall. He got very errors and said no there wasn't. We both got kind of silent, I think we were both thinking back to when he looked me in the eye and said, "Right now you are dying".

He listened to my heart and lungs, and we talked about treatments. Both Nucala and the gamma globulin. He would like me to talk to my Immunologist about switching to IVIG therapy instead of the sub cutaneous I am doing at home right now. I am willing to do whatever I need to do to get my numbers up off this plateau I have beeN on for the last three months.

He also said he believes the Nucala treatment is already working. I just know that I am really feeling better and I report to the Onocology lab tomorrow for my second shot.

So I left after 4 hours with a pleased Dr and a smile on my face. I have testing to do in a couple of months, but by then I might be completely off the prednisone.

It felt good to have such a positive appointment. Even the thought of treatment looming over me when I arrived home could not dim the glow.

Breathing well, breathing deep ....

Just Connie

No comments: