Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Today's Thoughts

Tuesday are often challenging for me as they are often between two treatment days. That means I am struggling with side effects while I am trying to be present for staff meetings and try to get my sermon wrapped up and sent off. I also have a lunch Kiwanis meeting which I try hard to be present for.

Today, I headed to the office about 7:30 and got some work done and then headed to the Dr's office so that I could get a tordal shot, which is a non narcotic medication which cuts the edge off of the post treatment migraine that seems to hang on. Then I headed back to the office to wrap up my sermon, get it sent off to the sound tech and the office so they can put the outline in the bulletin. Then I e-mailed the closing song to my piano player and printed everything out.

By the time that was done the staff was arriving for staff meeting. We went over what had happened at Annual Conference, and at the Seminary Conference I went to last week. We talked over last Sunday's service and took a look at the weeks ahead.

By the time the staff meting had wrapped up, I had just enough time to run and deposit my check in the bank, run home and test my blood sugar (which is doing so well because of the steroid step down I am working on) Then it was time for Kiwanis.

By the time Kiwanis wrapped up I was exhausted and headed home to rest. Before I knew it was  time to get up and make dinner and then get everything laid out for tomorrow's treatment. Tomorrow morning I will head to my 6am yoga class, then Chamber of Commerce at 8am and treatment at 10. It gets very challenging to try to fit everything in and there are things I miss every week. If treatment falls on Wednesday then I miss Wednesday night Drill at the Fire Station. If it is on Tuesday I miss Kiwanis. Sometimes it gets very challenging to try to fit everything in.

I know the end of the month I am trying to fit in a few days of camping and paddleboarding, treatment and Dr appointments. I I will also get my second Nucala treatment at the chemo lab that week. It probably means I will end up doing some late in the day treatments again.... which makes the side effects last well into the next day. However, I will do what I need to do. Next week I have my next Immune Panel blood draw which will tell me if the increased treatments are working and my antibody levels are coming up.

But in spite of all the juggling of my calendar and all the things I miss, including time with my family, life is good and I am grateful for the time I am given. And I firmly believe that there are good things ahead. I just need to keep moving forward.

Just Connie

No comments: