Sunday, June 11, 2017

Assignment

I stood as they called my name and announced that it was my 9th year at Willamina. I was filled with such a sense of gratitude for another year of ministry with the church and community that I love. I looked over at my associate and my Conference Ministerial Student who stood as their names were called. What a blessing they are to the church and to me as they faithfully follow the call of God on their lives.

I am always amazed at the leadership team God has put together at Willamina. We have three ordained elders, 1 CMC and 2 who are working toward Consecrated Deacon. That gives an incredible leadership base for preaching and teaching. We also have a host of committed and skilled lay leaders who are faithfully serving.

I have to say that in some ways my illness has been a blessing. I am doing less and the staff and church are doing more. People are having the opportunity to spread their wings and grow in new ways. It has humbled me as I have watched people step into the gap and serve.

I have also been blessed by the incredible love and support of the community. There are a myriad of people who come around me every week and help in so many ways. They have been an incredible encouragement to me as I journey ahead.

I am excited to see what God will do in the year ahead. I am expecting the unexpected ... Great and wonderful things.

Just Connie

No comments: