Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Thriving in Ministry Conference

I just spent the most interesting 3 days. Portland Seminary had chosen 21 pastors from across the country to participate in an information gathering process in regards to Helping pastors Thrive in Ministry. They had received a very generous grant to help them take this first step.

I was amazed by the depth of the participants. We came from many different denominations, different church settings, different nationalities, different genders  and sometimes completely different ministries. But yet we all had commonality at the point of what helps us Thrive and what helps us find depth and joy in ministry.

I feel honored to have been asked to be part of the group and honored by what was shared in openness and trust. I am excited to see how they will focus the next stage of the grant process and what it will mean for pastors. And what it will mean for those I know that might have the opportunity to apply for help in this area.

I am so glad I carved out the time in spite of treatments and Annual Conference. This was good for  me.

And good for me is great to squeeze into my schedule ....

Just Connie

1 comment:

Mom said...

I also am so glad you were picked to do this and that you were able to work it out.