Friday, June 2, 2017

Burn to Learn


I got to do something I have not been well enough to do for months. I got to participate in a Burn to Learn. It was great to be back with the crew and work alongside of them.

I have really missed training with them and I think I will what I can do about moving my treatments from Wednesdays so that I can go and train with the crew again.

This was actually a house that we have put fires out a couple of times. The last one was arson caused, probably by transients who were using the house to camp in. This time it has been burned to the ground at the hone owners request. I think everyone in the neighborhood as well as the Fire Department is glad to see it go with the problems that it brought with it.

However, I had a wonderful time, though I was way too tired at the end of it. My mask continues to work extremely well and my lung function was no lower at the end of the fire as it was at the beginning. Not only that it was a bit higher this morning.

I really love my jobs! I love the pastorate and the people, but I love the opportunity it brings me to work with such an incredible group of people and learn so many new things.

I am truly blessed.

Just Connie

No comments: