Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday Treatment

I had to do treatment today after church because I am leaving in the morning for a Pastor's Think Tank in Cannon Beach. The whole purpose is to give thought and discussion about how we can help ministers Thrive in Ministy. I am very excited to be asked and I looking forward to being with a group of interdenominatioinal pastors as we brainstorm together.

I was a bit worried about having to drive that far in the morning after treatment, but I think it was resolved in a very unusual way. I hooked up all the medications and the line that pumps the gamma globulin into me. I headed to bed to sleep through treatment which usually works fairly well. I woke up an hour into treatment soaking wet. It seems that one of the connecting tubes had come loose. I have no idea how much went into me and how much went into the bed. Sigh ....

However, it dawned on me that I did not get as much gamma globulin as I was supposed to. That means I would be dealing with fewer side effects today and tomorrow. I gues it is the silverlining in the dark sky.

So tomorrow I will pop out of bed, go to my yoga class, come home and clean up, pack up and make a pharmacy and bank run. Then I will head north to Cannon Beach. Somehow it always works out. I just want to be well and sharp for this group I have been asked to be a part of.

There are good things ahead, there are always good things ahead even when times are tough.

Just Connie


No comments: