Friday, June 16, 2017

Busy Friday

Friday's .... Always unpredictable and full of the stuff that has to get done. Today looked like it was going to be pretty laid back and easy, but as often happens it filled up pretty fast.

It began with my 6am yoga class. I am very thankful for this class and I believe it has been one of the key components on keeping me breathing and doing as well as I have been. After yoga I go home, clean up and then head to Coyote Joes our local restaurant where I have breakfast with a group from the community. It is always fun, and full of the latest news around town and plenty of teasing. This morning's thing centered around my invitation to be the Grand Marshall of our 4th of July Parade. Everyone has suggestions for me and of course wanted to know if I have been practicing my parade wave.

After breakfast I headed to the grocery store to get food for Sunday's potluck and everything I needed to make a couple of pies for the pie auction. Then it was time to head home, unpack groceries, take meds for the lingering treatment side effects and put a chicken in the oven to bake.

While the chicken baked, I laid down to see if I could sleep off my headache and woke up in time to take the chicken out, have lunch and drag out my hiking guides. I needed to come up with some suggestions for tomorrow's hike. As I was, perusing the guides I got a phone call that a parishioner was critically ill. So for the next four hours I spent with people I love and I sorrow for.

By the time I headed home it was 6pm and I made a quick stop at the Fire Station to check in with the crew. At 7 my hiking partner popped in and since neither of us had dinner yet, we decided for to go and eat and decide on where we were going to hike in the morning. So for the next hour and a half, we talked, laughed and enjoyed considering a variety of hikes. Finally though the hike was chosen, the food was eaten and I was back home.

Now I am laying out my hiking things, so we can get an early start in the morning and looking forward to getting outside and letting the beauty of God's creation blow the cobwebs out.

Life is busy, life is good and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: