Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Court House Thoughts

I went to court today. I spent the morning at the Yamhill County Courthouse. The last time I was there was a fairly traumatic experience since Gerrald was facing a DUI. That was an experience that I never want to repeat. So I was ready and willing to build some new memories of our County Courthouse.

Today I was at court as a support to some good friends of mine who are trying to evict a problem tenant. The good news is that everything went very well and the tenants have to vacate the premises in the next few days.

I found it fascinating to watch the court process. There is nothing else like it in the world. One of the things that I find interesting is that everyone has a very clearly defined sense of purpose. They know what their jobs are and how to “get ‘er done.”

I wonder what would be different in our lives if we all had that clear sense of purpose and calling? I have a feeling that it would impact every area of our lives. For me, I know that I have that clear sense of purpose and call, but sometimes I have struggled to find the right job description.
In this transitional time of my life I am praying about how to best follow that call. Because I want to live with that clarity of purpose that I saw in the courtroom today. I want to live a life that “gets ‘er done.”

"For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable."  Romans 11:29

Just Connie

No comments: