Monday, April 5, 2010

Hope Has Surgery

Hope puppy had surgery today. She is now 6 months old and that means she was finally old enough to be spade. So to prevent unwanted pregnancy or the other complications that can arise I called the vet last week and scheduled the appointment.

I took her in first thing this morning. She was bouncing all over and was wildly excited to be there to meet all her new friends. She charmed everyone with her endless puppy enthusiasm. I passed her off to a vet technician and I do not think that hope even noticed when I left.

I picked her up this afternoon. She was not much different than when I dropped her off. She was still a bundle of wiggling puppy happiness to see me. She ran out to the car and hopped right in surprising me with how well she was moving so soon after her surgery.

She has continued to surprise me all evening. She is once again trying to convince me to throw a ball for her to chase. I keep telling her that I am not going to let her run around chasing the ball. I am afraid in her enthusiasm she will actually hurt herself.

So in a little while I will put her in the kennel cage for the night so she will be protected against her own enthusiasm. And the house will be quiet and peaceful for a few hours. Of course that will only last until morning when I let the “hounds” out again. Then the chaos will begin once again.

I have to admit that it might life might be chaotic with the animals, but it is a wonderful kind of chaos to have.

"He also binds up; ...., but his hands also heal." Job 5:18

Just Connie

No comments: