Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life Lessons

I spent most of the day helping friends today. We are getting ready for a large yard sale. I took the opportunity to continue to “de-cowboy” my house. This has been in process for the last year and a half and it always makes me feel a bit sad. I even went up to the attic and got some of the stuff that I had packed away last year.

Besides the feelings of sadness that I had I also had trouble knowing what I should get rid of and what Gerrald might want at some point in the future. I finally decided that personal things I would put away and anything else could go into the yard sale. I have to admit that it is a pretty difficult process.

I think what makes it difficult is the feelings that it generates and the fact that there are not clear cut guidelines on how to do this. I find that I am always checking my motives and double checking that there is no anger or bitterness that is entering into my decision making process.

This is one of those things that I would like an easy button for. Just imagine how nice it would be to press the button and be at the end of the process. But I think that would probably keep me from learning the lessons that God has for me through this transitional time. Sigh …. sometimes I wish that life’s lessons were more fun.

“Will you not learn a lesson and obey my words?” declares the LORD Jeremiah 35:13



Just Connie

No comments: