Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sucess

Success …. what is it? What does success really look like? Is it being King of the Hill? Is it having the most toys? Most of us have grappled with that question. Today in Sunday School we looked at the following verse.


“Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3

There was really good discussion in class today as we looked at this issue of success. What makes me feel successful? Most people said it was the feeling of having accomplished something. The one wise person gave us this verse.

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7

That is really the epitome of success. To stand in front of God and say as Paul did “I have finished the race and I have kept the faith”. Because success will never be measured by our accomplishments but by our obedience. It is not about how fast I run, but how faithfully I run.

I am thinking it would be good for me to begin stretching and get ready for the race.

Just Connie

No comments: