Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Question

I started the day with a Men’s Ministry meeting. It might seem a bit odd that I would be attending the men’s Ministry meetings however I do have a good reason for doing so. Soon after I was assigned to the Willamina Church one of the men approached me. It was in fact Wayne who was the chairman of the Men’s Ministry group. He asked me, “Will you be attending the Men’s Ministry meeting on Saturday?” I looked at him and tried to figure out if this was a trick question as I finally said, “Well ….. uh …. nooo I do not plan on it.” He then asked me, “Are you the pastor of just the women or are you the pastor of the men too?”

I was rocked by that question. It really made me stop and think, and when Saturday morning came, I was at the Men’s Ministry meeting. I have attended ever since. It has been a great opportunity for me to get to know the men of the church, to work alongside them and for them to get to know me as well.

I am thankful that my friend Wayne pushed me to do something I did not think I wanted to do. It has brought me joy and satisfaction over the past year. It makes me wonder if I am asking my friends the right kind of questions. The kind of questions that might rock their world ….. questions that might bring new understanding and new relationships to them. I wonder if I am brave enough to ask those kind of questions? I hope I am.

"Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.” Job 42:4

Just Connie

1 comment:

t-dcrawford said...

Connie I liked this it makes me think and question myself about my attitude.