Monday, September 6, 2010

Blackberries

Blackberries .... I love them. Blackberry jam, blackberry pie, blackberry cobbler, blackberry syrup ... it is all good. So here we are the beginning of September and it is time to pick. I spent the afternoon crawling around the berry patch with a friend. Picking blackberries is a lot of hard work because you are fighting with thorns, the terrain, bees, snakes ... you name it it is there lurking in the berry patch. But I finally finished up with three buckets of berries, a myriad of scratches and purple fingers and hands.

So I am sitting here with my feet on the coffee table, tired but satisfied. I have pureed berries in the fridge ready to make syrup tomorrow and 5 gallons of berries in the freezer waiting to be made into pies and jam. It feels really good to be getting back into the swing of things again. Tomorrow .... blackberry syrup. perhaps I will have to have pancakes for dinner.

Just Connie

No comments: