Thursday, September 2, 2010

Struggling with Fear

I have to admit that I am still struggling with fear. But I am trying to make some proactive choices to help move me from fear to confidence. Here are some of the things I have done to get a handle on things.

  • I called a drug and alcohol counselor to get input on my husbands drinking patterns and behavior
  • I met with my pastor's cabinet and shared the problem with them
  • I alerted several of my neighbors
  • I spoke with a counselor about how I was processing this
  • I spoke with my ex-husband's father
  • I found several safe houses to run to close by in case I need help
  • I replaced the bulbs on the outside to illuminate the perimeter
I have no interest in becoming a prisoner in my own home, but I do want to use common sense to help keep me safe. I also need to find ways to reduce my stress level. I am still throwing up most of my meals right now
  and that tells me I still am carrying too much internal stress. So I will work tomorrow specifically to address that.

Sigh .......  I wish there was an easy button for this.....

Just Connie

No comments: