Friday, September 24, 2010

My Boyfriend Phil

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary. I tried really hard to ignore it all day. But it kept rearing it's ugly head in the quiet moments. So today I ran away and spent the day with my boyfriend. He is tall with brown eyes and red hair. He has the longest eye lashes and his name is Phil and he is a three year old thoroughbred race horse.


The wonderful thing about Phil is that he loves me. He lifts my spirits with his horsey hugs and his desire to be with me. That relationship is a balm to my spirit. It was especially good to spend time with him today when my heart was feeling kind of tender.

As I groomed him, I could feel some of the tightness in my chest begin to relax. As I leaned against him and breathed in his scent, he rubbed his head on me and nibbled my hair. With every stroke of the curry comb I could feel peace settling around me.

Healing comes in many forms and today it came in the form of my special boyfriend Phil. It is good to be loved.

Just Connie

No comments: