Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Picnic

I had fun today .... honest to goodness fun. It was our annual church picnic. First we had some great food and then it was time for the baptisms. Today we had six of them. It always uplifts my spirits and reminds me of what is really important.

After the baptisms we played games. They had all kinds of silly water games. I was already wet so I jumped in the thick of all of it.  I think everyone enjoyed it, both the participants and the spectators. Lots of laughing and lots of love and hugs. It was everything a church picnic should be.

So now I am home, wet around the edges and tired, but very satisfied with the way the day went. I am feeling very pleased with what I observed today. The love, the friendships and their comfort with  each other was very good to see. I think there are good things in store.

Just Connie

No comments: