Friday, September 17, 2010

Last Tasks

I worked on the remodel today. I have been refinishing my hope chest and the switch plate covers for the family room. I also finally took the plunge and mixed the muriatic acid to clean the slate on the hearth. Tomorrow I should be able to seal the grout. Then I can put a last coat of sealer on the stone and they can come in and move the pellet stove in and hook it up.

That will be just about in time since suddenly the nights are getting colder. it feels like the house has been torn apart forever, though I know it has only been a couple of months. I am ready to have some furniture in the family room and ready to be able to use it again. I think I will get rid of some of the furniture so there is a bit more space in there. I should be moved back in within a couple of weeks.

At this point it is hard to keep the reality of the end in sight. I find that I am getting bogged down in these last tasks. the end at times seems so far away. But I will keep plugging away at it ... at least I think I will. ... sigh. I would still like an easy button for this.

Just Connie

1 comment:

Finchie2 said...

Ah girl you are not a quitter, so I know you will get it finished.