Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Relationship

Well, it finally happened. The laptop I had been tenderly nursing along finally gave up the ghost. I broke down and withdrew money from my dwindling savings account and bought a new one. It was painful and kind of scary to spend that much money. Now I will have to buy software so I can load all my files on it.

My laptop is an important part of my daily life. It not only is a research tool, for sermons and other writings,  it connects me with people across the nation on a daily basis. Today I have chatted with my cousin in North Dakota, heard from a friend in Kansas and chatted with a pastoral couple in southeastern Oregon.I get accountability, encouragement and support through my laptop.

So I begin the long process of loading, updating and preparing this new laptop to be my constant compassion. I hope it will be a long and happy relationship.

Just Connie

No comments: