Thursday, September 23, 2010

Remodeling Update

Sigh .... here I sit in front of a roaring fire in my brand new family room. Hope puppy is sleeping at my feet, Bubba Bunny is perched on top of the pile of stove pellets and Charlie is hiding in the bedroom. There is still some work to do and plenty of things to unpack, but it is so close now. The room is lovely. Lots of space, lots of light and a wonderful view from every direction.

Right now it all seems worth it. But there were plenty of times when I thought I must have lost my mind to bite off this project at this point in my life. But tonight there is a sense of rightness in the room.

Tomorrow will come soon enough and I have all my office things to unpack some things left to varnish and cleaning to do. So instead of doing all of the things I should be doing, I am planning on running off and grooming the horses as my friend Diana's place. That seems like  much better use of my time. If not better ... than at least a whole lot more fun.

Just Connie

No comments: