Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dr's Visit

I broke down today and went to the doctor. I have been struggling with  two warts on my hands for almost 2 years. I have frozen them off and cut them off and they just grow back. I finally admitted defeat and went into the doctor. He looked at them and decided to freeze them off. Which I discovered is a form of torture and really bears no resemblance to the little freezing it off kit I had been playing with for the last year.

He said "this will sting" that is a doctor euphemism for "this is going to hurt enough that you will want to punch me in the nose." that should have been my first warning, then the next one he said, "This one will hurt". That is not a good lead in line. Especially when you follow it up with something that hurts that bad. It not only hurts but you have to stay absolutely still so nothing else gets frozen off that is not supposed to ... you know like parts you will need later. For good measure he also removed a skin tag under my arm.

So tonight I have swollen blistered hands and an armpit that feels like an angry beaver has been gnawing on it. But I guess all in all, it could be a lot worse ... my hands don't think so, but that is what the brain keeps telling them. Frankly I don't think my hands or my armpits care.

Just Connie

1 comment:

Finchie2 said...

Oh wow, no wonder they hurt!!!