Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Teens

I spent some time with some of the teens from the church tonight. I really enjoy doing that. We have teens of all shapes and sizes and backgrounds. Tonight I got in a discussion with one young man with green hair about ear gauges and tongue piercings. those are two subjects that you just do not expect to have to be very conversant on. But it was interesting to hear. Thought I have to admit that I caught myself going "Ewwwwww" a couple of times.

One of the things I enjoy about the teens is going into their worship service with them. We have a great youth worship band. It is uplifting and exciting. It is a great way to start our Wednesday night activities. I would love to be able to do that every week.

I hope that I can face life with the life and promise I see in all of them. It is a good reminder to me to stay young at heart and look expectantly for tomorrow. I have a feeling there is quite a bit I can learn from them. And who knows ... perhaps I have something to share with them as well.

Just Connie

1 comment:

Finchie2 said...

I love working with the teens at the high school and sure miss getting to chat with them. My new schedule has limited the chance severely.