Thursday, September 9, 2010

Busy Day

Busy day today ... I  have  lots of those, but this was pretty busy even for me. It started out with me taking stacks of files to the conference Office to look for the papers they needed to send into headquarters. The good news is that we found what we needed. Of course it was not where it was supposed to be, but as I am coming to find out that is probably not that surprising. We still have lot of work to do with our record keeping systems to bring them up to a usable standard. But I realize that you cannot do everything all at once. It will come in time.

I took the opportunity to stop at the bookstore and picked up some books. Then I actually took myself out to lunch at a little cafe in West Salem. I had a really excellent lunch and for the first time I actually enjoyed myself instead of feeling awkward because I was alone.

I headed back to Willamina and sorted through paperwork and set up come files for the things I had sorted that morning. Then it was time to head out for the pre-marital counseling appointment I had set up with a young couple from the church. As I finished up with them I headed back to the church and worked on my office until I was out of time to make it to the Post Office so I grabbed the paperwork and got it mailed out.

At that point I was very ready to put my feet up and relax. I started dinner and that is when my phone began ringing. It was one thing after another. There was someone who was in crisis, someone who needed help with gas, someone with a prayer concern ... but finally everyone had been taken care of and there was quiet in the house.

So now I am curled up on the couch, watching TV and watching Hope puppy play with Bubba Bunny. It feels good to be home and have a peaceful moment. I will enjoy it as long as I can. These moments are all too rare.

Just Connie

No comments: