Thursday, October 21, 2010

Board Meeting

Another meeting tonight. This one was a board meeting. It was a long, tough meeting, but we made it through. I am so proud of this group of people. They have had to face some really hard things in the 3 months I have been their pastor. Of course by default that means that I have had to face them as well. But I remain committed to doing the hard stuff that will lead us to health and godly balance in our church.

One of the things I have been saying over the past months is that leading is not about forging ahead into uncharted territory, it is about following. Following the path God sets before us.... through the hard stuff ... where ever the path leads. To be a leader we have to learn to follow.

So I am proud to be the pastor of people who are willing to follow, willing to face the hard stuff and willing to serve. It will be exciting to see where God takes us in the days ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: