Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Christmas in October

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells ..... it is not quite Halloween and I feel like I should be singing Christmas songs and hanging the holly & the berries. I met with other community leaders tonight and we checked out all the outside Christmas lighted displays the City of Willamina uses. It was a matter of plugging them in and replacing the burned out bulbs. It was a thoroughly enjoyable time and we adjourned to the restaurant next door for chili and cornbread afterwards. I had a lot of fun getting to know some of the people that I only get to see during community meetings and events.

Tonight was a reminder to me that I need to get out and socialize. I have really hibernated over the past couple of years. I think it is time to begin to break loose from the grief and fear that have held me captive. There are good things ahead. God has plans to prosper and to bless me and I need to step into that with confidence and joy. Hmmmm ... maybe it is time to get out the Christmas music?


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11









Just Connie

No comments: