Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday ... Monday's. Officially Monday's are my sermon days. I try to protect them from appointments and interruptions but life happens regardless of my plans.

I jumped out of bed this morning and swept the floors (covered with leaves and debris from the dogs) and vacuumed and cleaned and threw my things in my briefcase and then headed to the office. I actually had a very productive morning and the sermon began to really click. I love that when it happens. It all just flows and falls into place. During break times I got some notes written took care of some paperwork and cleaned some of Sunday's debris off of my desk.

Then it was time to head out to the women's luncheon. It was lovely and I enjoyed the time with the ladies. From there it was back to the office and errands and the post office and finally home. At home it was time to spread some hay and do some more cleaning. It is days like this that I really miss another set of hands to help around the house. But eventually I came to a breaking point and slopped down on the couch to watch TV and catch up on Facebook.

All in all, it was a good day and I guess in truth I can sing along and Monday, Monday's .. so good to me .....

Just Connie

No comments: