Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Thoughts

Monday, Monday .... so good to me .... or not. This Monday was a mixed blessing. It began with a phone call from my former spouse while I was getting ready to head to the office. He was mostly sober, but still so confused,. Among other things he is sure that there are people after him. I know that this paranoia is a consequence of the alcohol. But it is heartbreaking to me. I stood there for a long time and stared at the phone after he hung up, praying that God would somehow help him.

I spent several hours at the church working on my sermon and taking care of a multitude of problems. Then I headed home to do some quick cleaning before my afternoon appointment came to the house. I spent a couple of very pleasant hours with a lovely couple from church. It was good to get the chance to sit and visit.

Tonight I have spent curled up in front of the fire doing some research and watching TV. These kinds of evenings are rather rare and it has been good.

So all in all Monday has been ... well fairly normal with good and bad and all kinds of stuff between the two. Who knows Tuesday might even be better. At least I can dream about it .....

No comments: