Sunday, October 3, 2010

Contact

I have written often about my former husband, my heartbreak and the struggle I have had to keep from letting the grief and sorrow overwhelm me. A month of ago he disappeared. He left the treatment program and just disappeared. As time has gone on I have been increasingly concerned for his well being. It has been a constant sorrow always running in the background over the past weeks.

Last night he called me. I was very glad to know that he was alive but he was very drunk and was .... well not himself. He also kept telling me that I was a good woman and that it was not my fault that he did not want me. I did not know how to respond to that. He kept telling me that I was a "sexy" woman. Given our history that just made me feel sick and scared.

I am not sure how to help him. I am not sure how much I can do this without bleeding to death ... because I find it so incredibly painful. I wish there was a clear path through this .... I wish that things were different.

Just Connie

No comments: