Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Hunt For Gold

I got a call this morning inviting me to hunt for gold. I jumped at the chance and grabbed my backpack, knife and hiking boots. Then joining my friends Dan and Clara we headed for the backcountry.

The outing was to hunt for Chantrelle Mushrooms. Expensive fancy mushrooms that are found in the coast range. We hiked up and down canyons and ridges and climbed, crawled and searched. And there they were ... hiding in the moss, under logs and in hard to spot hidey holes.

So I came home dirty, tired and with bags of gold feeling refreshed from the fellowship of being with friends and working hard together. Now tomorrow .... tomorrow I might not be quite so glad. I have a feeling that tomorrow I will be sore. ... but I guess I will worry about that tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: