Saturday, October 9, 2010

Family Thoughts

Family Day today! I hopped out of bed bright and early at 5:00. I have to admit the need was urgent as I woke to the sound of Hope Puppy throwing up. I was desperately hoping first of all that she was not on the bed and second of all that i would get her outside before the "event". I did not make it ... sigh. So then I grabbed cleaning supplies and scrubbed the carpet.

But once all of that was taken care of I got myself cleaned and ready and we headed to Burlington to see my parents because it was my father's 77th birthday. he did not know ti but we had a surprise party planned for him. it was so much fun to have people dropping in all day long and dad was so pleased.

It was great to spend time with my family who I do not get a chance to see very often. They fill my life with joy  ... well when they are not frustrating me. But that is the norm for families. We have such high expectations of each other. But I love them and love spending time with all of them. It was worth the four hour trip to see them.

It makes me appreciate anew how blessed I am for a healthy family unit. The love and support I receive from them help me grow and succeed in every area of my life. Thankful, grateful and thankful ... that is a good ting to be.

Just Connie

No comments: