Friday, June 19, 2009

Better Days

It has been a better day. I woke up determined to push through this fog of sadness and sorrow. I showered, dressed and puttered around the house. I have unpacked a few things, dusted a few things and worked some more on my resume. I took down pictures and items that belong to my husband and packed them up to put in the attic. I even spent about an hour making phone calls. I am trying to do my part to make healthy choices. Don’t particularly like it, but I am trying to move forward regardless.

All of this time on my hands is very odd to me. My time has always been highly scheduled. I have always thought that my time was the most precious commodity that I had. I had work, meetings, children, a spouse and all of the things that come along with those things. Now I find myself with none of those things to fill my days. It is completely up to me to keep myself motivated and moving ahead. I find this a very strange and very unwelcome occurrence.

So I will continue through the weekend to try to move myself ahead. I will seek to bring my house and yard under control and continue to unpack the stacks and stacks of boxes.

“For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.” Psalm 122:9

Eventually my emotions will follow my actions. In other words I will keep doing the right thing until my heart catches up. There are better days ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: