Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Joy Around the Corner

I am weary. I am tired of criticism, tired of conflict, tired of hurting, tired of grieving ….. just tired. For the most part I think I have done fairly well, but I can feel the barbs dig a little deeper and the weariness wash over me a little more often now. I think perhaps those symptoms are significant. They are warnings that those same symptoms potentially could lead to depression, illness and other problems. They are symptoms that I need to pay attention to.

So, with that in mind, with all of the pain, grief and loss of the past 6 months it is time for me to step away and rest. So for the next 4 days I am getting away. I am going to get quiet before the Lord and listen to what He has to say to me. I am going to let the beauty of God’s creation blow the cobwebs of sadness away. I am going to let fresh air, mountains and running water be a lullaby. I am going to let God heal the hurt spots and let joy wash over me once again.

“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy” Job 8:21

I believe that joy is waiting I just need to step forward to meet it.

Just Connie

No comments: