Friday, June 5, 2009

Wrapping & Unwrapping

What a day! I have to say that I am glad that it is winding down. I am sitting in the middle of my bed wrapped in blankets, with my laptop on my lap and my senile terrier curled up alongside me.

I headed to the office this morning and took care of the last of my e-mail, signed all of the paperwork and tried my best to keep my weeping staff from setting me off. I kissed everyone and loaded up the car. From there I went to the Men’s Mission and stoically did the same thing there.

I will miss my co-workers. Many of them have become heart friends over the years. Some of them I first knew as clients and was privileged to watch the miraculous transformation that Christ brings. Some of them have walked through dark days with me and held me up when I waivered. In all honesty there will be a few that I will not miss so much, but I won’t go there.

I find that I am struggling to stay on the positive side of things today. It would be really easy to just lay my head down and wail. I can feel the hurt, the fear, the worry lurking in the dark corners. But I am determined that I will stay focused on what I know and not let what I “feel” drive me.

So with that in mind, here are some things that I know.

1. “All things work together for the good”
2. God loves me.
3. God is in control.
4. I have family who loves me.
5. I have friends who love me.
6. I have ministry opportunities.
7. I have a roof over my head.
8. I have food in my cupboards.

I believe that there are wonderful days of discovery ahead. That might not always be comfortable, but it will be a gift from God. My job is to unwrap it and to the best of my ability to celebrate the process.

“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15

Just Connie

No comments: