Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Determination

It has been a better day. I woke up this morning determined to set aside my sadness and grief. That determination has stayed with me throughout the day and helped keep me focused.

Grief is not a bad thing. It is a normal reaction to loss, and I am coming to find out that loss is a normal part of life. Jesus himself stood at Lazarus’ tomb and wept. He felt the sting of loss. In our lives there is death, there is rejection and disappointments. It is part of living in a fallen world. But my reaction to that loss should not immobilize me. It should spur me on to do better, to love deeper, to live more fully.

I do not want to spend my days crying and moaning about the losses in my life. I want to live a life that is meaningful. I want to live a life that that makes a difference. I will not be able to do that if I cannot see past my grief. I know that God has more for me than this.

“Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.” Isaiah 51:11

I remain committed to living fully the life that God is calling me to live. That means that I cannot allow myself to wallow endlessly in my sorrow. I think that might not always be easy to keep in front of me. But I believe that with God’s help I can do this.

Just Connie

No comments: